7 Recipes You Can Prepare With CBD Oil to Help You Relax
Since the first official documentation of the health benefits of cannabis, the plant’s popularity has been on a steady incline. Extracts from the cannabis plant, medically referred to as cannabinoids, are commonly prescribed for the treatment of diseases that manifest in pain, inflammation, and anxiety.
Cannabidiol, or CBD, is the most popular cannabinoid that experts recommend for people with anxiety disorders. There are different ways to consume cannabidiol, ranging from vaping CBD oil to ingesting CBD edibles, dripping CBD oil tinctures beneath the tongue, etc. Some people also prefer CBD-enriched ointments while others consume the substance in capsules and tablets.
Out of these methods of administration, consuming CBD oil, either in the form of tinctures or as a vape juice, is the fastest way to introduce cannabidiol into your system. And there are plenty of studies suggesting that CBD oil could help treat various anxiety disorders.
But as with most herbal extracts, there’s always the little challenge of finding the best way to integrate CBD oil into your health and wellness routine. This article shall highlight the seven recipes that you can prepare with CBD oil to help relieve anxiety.
1. CBD Oil Golden Milk Recipe
CBD Oil Golden Milk boasts anti-anxiety and anti-inflammatory compounds. So, besides relieving anxiety, the drink can also help with inflammatory skin conditions, such as acne, psoriasis, or eczema.
The recipe also features turmeric and ginger, each of which comes with its own health benefits. When making this recipe, you can experiment with any amount of CBD oil, depending on the severity of the anxiety disorder you’re trying to treat. All you have to do is obtain full-spectrum CBD oil Canada from a reliable supplier.
- 2 cups of coconut or almond milk
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of stevia, raw honey, or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 inch strip of fresh ginger or a quarter of ginger powder
- A pinch each of finely-ground clove, nutmeg, and black pepper.
- A ½ teaspoon of Ceylon cinnamon.
- 3 teaspoons of CBD oil
- Mix vanilla, milk and the spices in a saucepan.
- Bring the saucepan over low heat and allow it to cook for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the milk from the heat and pour it into mugs.
- Add your ideal dose of CBD oil and stir thoroughly.
NB: This recipe serves 2
2. CBD-Infused Guacamole
Guacamole is popular all over the world as a healthy snack. With this CBD-infused guacamole, you not only enjoy the dietary benefits of this snack, but can also benefit from its anti-anxiety properties.
- 3 medium-ripe Hass avocados. The avocados should be halved, peeled, and the pit removed.
- 2 small seeded and diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 large clove of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice obtained from 1 medium-ripe lime
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of finely-ground cumin
- 1/2 cup of finely-diced onion
- 1/2 minced jalapeno
- 1/4 teaspoon of finely-ground cayenne pepper
- 3 teaspoons of Full-spectrum CBD oil
- Mash avocado in a clean bowl using your regular potato masher or a fork.
- Add the spices and condiments.
- Add CBD oil and stir.
- Place a plastic wrap on top of the guacamole and let it sit at room temperature for about two hours, then serve.
3. CBD Bliss Balls
These CBD bliss balls are excellent for people who love bakery items and are looking for a more creative CBD-based recipe.
- 2 tablespoons of cacao nibs
- 1 tablespoon of melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup of macadamia nuts
- ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- ⅓ cup of almond flour
- ⅓ cup of unsweetened, shredded coconut
4. teaspoons of CBD-infused MCT oil
- Process the macadamia nuts into a thick paste using a high-speed blender.
- Add melted coconut oil and CBD oil, then process to an even consistency.
- Add all the other ingredients to your macadamia butter and mix into a cookie dough.
- Sweeten the dough as required.
- Fold in the cacao nibs, ensuring the nibs are well-distributed.
- Scoop a tablespoon of dough, hold it between your palms and then roll into a small ball. Repeat till you’ve rolled the entire macadamia dough.
- Store your CBD bliss balls in the refrigerator or freezer.
5. CBD Peppermint Chocolate Cups
If you’re looking for a healthy CBD-based recipe to satisfy your sweet tooth, you won’t go wrong with these CBD Peppermint Chocolate Cups.
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons of raw cashew butter
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup of mint or dark chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon of peppermint extract
- 1/4 cup of cacao butter
- 1/4 cup of coconut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon of spinach powder or matcha powder
- 1/8 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of CBD oil
- Using a double boiler, melt the dark chocolate to smoothen it.
- Scoop the smooth chocolate and spoon it into the bottoms of the peanut butter cup molds.
- Place the cup molds in your freezer and allow for 10 minutes to harden.
- Combine cashew butter, cacao butter, maple syrup, sea salt, and vanilla into the double boiler and whisk the mixture to a smooth consistency.
- Add your preferred amount of CBD oil and matcha powder to the mixture and whisk until it’s smoothly blended.
- Pour mint white chocolate into the cups to cover the dark chocolate therein, then place the cups in a freezer for about 20 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
6. Relaxing Herbal CBD Tincture
CBD tinctures are famous for their fast-acting properties, and this Relaxing Herbal CBD Tincture is no exception. The tincture relieves anxiety without exposing you to the unsavory hemp aftertaste, thanks to the inclusion of refreshing lemon balm.
- An 8-ounces, lidded glass jar
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups of rum or vodka
- 1/3 cup of dried chamomile flowers
- 1/3 cup of dried lemon balm
- 1/3 cup of valerian root
- 1 teaspoon of CBD oil
- Combine lemon balm, valerian root, and dried chamomile flowers inside a clean glass jar.
- Fill the jar using rum or vodka.
- Store in a cool and dark place for between 4 and 6 weeks, regularly shaking the tincture.
- Transfer the tincture to a clean dropper bottle.
- Add your ideal dose of CBD oil.
- Shake well and drip a dropperful of the tincture under your tongue as frequently as required.
7. CBD Golden Milk Popsicles
This recipe is ideal for those who’re looking to enjoy CBD oil’s anti-anxiety benefits in a healthy and delicious golden milk.
- 1 tablespoon of coconut milk powder
- 1-1/4 ounces can of full-fat, properly-shaken coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/3 C of nut milk
- 1/3 C of honey
- 1/4 teaspoon of ginger
- 4 teaspoons of hemp-derived CBD coconut oil
- Combine all of the above ingredients in a medium-size saucepan.
- Heat the mixture over a low to medium heat and stir frequently till you achieve a smooth consistency.
- Pour the mixture into popsicle molds.
- Place in the refrigerator or freezer and leave for between 3 and 5 hours.
- Serve and enjoy.
8. CBD Oil Gummies for Sleep
Gummies are an excellent way to incorporate CBD into your health and wellness routine, as you can pop and chew them on the go. This recipe uses tart cherries that contain melatonin, which is useful in inducing sleep.
- 2 tablespoons of raw honey
- I cup of tart cherry juice
- ¼ cup of gelatin powder
- 1 teaspoons of CBD oil
- Pour juice into a medium-sized saucepan and place the pan over a medium heat.
- As the juice warms, carefully add in gelatin powder and honey.
- Reduce the heat and stir the mixture as soon as it starts to boil.
- Continue stirring the mixture for about 3 minutes or until it achieves a smooth consistency.
- Remove the mixture from heat and add CBD oil, then pour it into silicone molds.
- Place in the refrigerator or freezer for about 2 hours and allow it to harden, then remove from molds.
- Store these gummies in an air-tight container and place in the refrigerator for about 2 weeks.
- Consume 1 or 2 gummies about an hour before sleep.
Anxiety is a debilitating condition. It can interfere with your circadian rhythm, mental focus, and if not addressed with the urgency it deserves, your entire productivity could take a beating. However, it’s reassuring to note that there are plenty of CBD-based recipes out there, which can help you to banish anxiety for good.
Aidan Lehane is an entrepreneur who has a lifelong passion for CBD, Hemp and allowing people to find an effective natural remedy to many of their pains and illnesses.
Aidan has been a constant advocate for cbd and hemp legalization for over 2 decades and is often found researching & creating blogs and videos about CBD, on the Great Hemp Youtube channel while testing and reviewing countless products for quality and effectiveness.