Avida Product Range
Now that you know all about Avida and how they’re a legitimate company, it’s time to let you know what kind of products they sell so you can see if they have something that will suit you. They have quite a wide variety of CBD-based products, so chances are, they will.
CBD Vape Juice
CBD vape juice is becoming one of the most popular methods for enjoying CBD. CBD vape juice can be used with many vaporizers, and Avida claims that their vape juice is free of impurities, highly effective, and high-quality.
Vaping CBD provides the most immediate relief from your symptoms, but it also lasts the shortest amount of time. Vaping is also highly convenient, and can be done anywhere that you can smoke a regular vape.
Avida has a number of CBD vape products available, all of which are made by their award-winning ‘flavorist.’:
- Manga Mango, a mixture of Honey mangos and Alfonso mangoes.
- Berry Grape, a soothing mixture of wild grapes and charlie strawberries.
- Blue Razz, a mixed flavor of blueberries and blue raspberries.
- Flavorless. Not much needs to be said about this. For people who prefer their medicine not to taste like candy.
These products are all available in 250 mg, 500 mg, and 1,000 mg. Prices are all the same: $34.99, $54.99, and $94.99 respectively.
You can also build your own bundle of vape juice products. Depending on the strength of the products that you choose to include, this would run you between $104.94 (for the 250 mg) and $284.97 (for the 1,000 mg).
- Vaping CBD causes it to take effect very quickly
- Can be done anywhere that you can vape
- Good for storage
- Vaped CBD is short-acting
- Vaping CBD can get expensive quickly
CBD Juul Pods
The Juul is one of the most popular vaping devices in the world, and as such, tons of companies are seeking to make Juul-compatible vaping products. Avida is one such company.
A CBD Juul pod from Avida will come with the 1,000 mg formulation – however, you will only get 20 mg of that formulation per pod. Each order will contain 2 pods.
The pods are made from Avida Core CBD isolate, vegetable glycerin, food-grade propylene glycol, natural and artificial flavorings.
These are the CBD Juul pods available from the company:
- Berry Grape
- Blue Razz
- Manga Mango
The flavors are the same as those which are available as CBD vape juices. The Juul pods only cost $29.99.
- Compatible with the Juul
- Delivers quick hits of CBD
- Only works with a Juul
- Expensive cost for small amounts of CBD
CBD tinctures are one of the most reliable, tried-and-true methods of using CBD. A tincture is a liquid solution of a substance, and it can easily be taken by mouth.
The best way to use a CBD tincture is to hold it under your tongue for a while. This way, CBD is absorbed directly through the membranes under your tongue and into your bloodstream. Taking CBD orally tends to result in quite a bit of the substance being lost in the digestion process.
Avida offers three different types of CBD tincture.
- 125 mg Broad Spectrum CBD Oil – Spearmint. This tincture is a broad-spectrum extract, meaning it contains all of the cannabinoids in the hemp plant except for THC. This allows for the entourage effect to still take place, providing enhanced benefits when compared to an isolate-based product.
- 500 mg Broad Spectrum CBD Oil – Spearmint. This is the same product as above except with 500 mg instead of 125 mg.
- 500 mg Full-Spectrum CBD Oil – Spearmint. This is a full-spectrum extract, meaning that it contains all of the cannabinoids which may be found in the hemp plant, including possible traces of THC.
- Easy to use
- Sublingual absorption means you get more bang for your buck
- Easy to figure out your dose
- Great Taste
- Only one flavor available
- No small size for the full-spectrum oil
Many people prefer to use their CBD topically – that is, by rubbing it into their skin. Many people are able to find relief from painful conditions, relax their muscles, or otherwise feel some improvement by using CBD on their skin.
Avida only offers a single CBD topical product – but unless you have some sort of particular condition or need, that’s all you should need.
Their CBD Relief Balm contains 500 mg of CBD and costs $44.99. It’s made with their broad spectrum CBD oil and combined with a number of other ingredients that work together to fight inflammation.
The ingredients included, aside from their broad spectrum CBD oil, are vitamin C, avocado oil, lavender essential oil, hemp seed oil, jojoba oil, coconut oil, and beeswax.
- Can be used on the skin
- No need to ingest any medicine
- Can provide long-lasting relief for pain
- Not good for addressing mental health issues
- Can take a while to absorb
Some people prefer to use CBD isolate. CBD isolate is an isolated form of CBD, meaning that you won’t have any traces of other cannabinoids in the end product.
Unfortunately, Avida only offers a single CBD isolate product, and it’s mixed with coconut oil. Their CBD Isolate + Coconut Oil contains 500 mg of CBD isolate, but in this form, it’s basically a tincture.
This could be a bit problematic, because many people prefer to have their isolate as an isolate – that is, with no other ingredients present. This is generally cheaper, and allows for it to be used in a number of different applications.
Their CBD Isolate + Coconut Oil costs $54.99.
- Can be used in cooking
- Pure form of CBD
- No other active ingredients
- Can be harder to dose
- Not available in crystalline isolate form
Some of the most common uses of CBD include:
- Helping to treat the various forms of anxiety – social anxiety, panic disorder, generalized anxiety, etc. CBD has even been used to help manage anxiety related to PTSD.
- Helping to treat various types of pain, ranging from acute pain to serious chronic pain associated with illnesses. CBD can even treat neuropathic pain, which is often difficult to treat with conventional medication.
- Helping to reduce stress, overexcitation, and reduce insomnia.
- Helping to improve digestion and reduce symptoms of digestion-related illnesses like Crohn’s and IBS.
I’ve used CBD quite a bit in the past, mostly for anxiety and stress reduction, and have consistently noticed wild improvements in my state of mental health. Furthermore, CBD’s benefits extend to other issues that I’m not even aware of – for example, if my wrists are sore from typing up these articles everyday and I take some CBD to reduce my anxiety, I’ll notice that it reduces the pain in my wrists too.
One of the neat things about CBD is that it won’t really do much if it’s not actually helping you manage a problem. That’s because it doesn’t have many side effects, aside from drowsiness. This vastly reduces the abuse potential because you can’t get high on it and won’t be inclined to use it unless you really need to.
One of the most important things about buying CBD, however, is ensuring that you get high-quality products. The market is huge, and thousands of companies are cashing in on the CBD craze. Not all of these products are reliable, or even safe.
In this article, we’re going to put another CBD company to the test. This review will cover the company Avida. We’ll outline their product base, their company guidelines, and their safety procedures so you can decide whether or not you want to buy from them.
Who Is Avida For?
Judging by the high quality of Avida’s products and the respective prices, it’s pretty clear that Avida is marketing towards people who value their health above all.
You really can’t put a price on good health, and if you really want to guarantee good health then you need to take care of a few factors.
First off, you want your food and supplements to be organically and ethically grown and harvested. Second, you want to make sure that they are processed in a healthy and effective manner that doesn’t lead to you ingesting industrial byproducts.
Thirdly, you want to make sure that any company selling you products that advertise the previous two factors actually get their goods tested so you can be sure it’s really what you’re buying.
Avida has all of these bases covered, but naturally, their prices reflect this. You’ll be paying a bit more than some other hemp companies, but you’ll certainly be getting a lot of bang for your buck.
What Makes Avida Special?
Considering the high price of Avida products, you probably want to know a bit more about how their products are produced, packaged, and sold. You know they’re organic and non-GMO, but I can give you a bit more detail than that.
Where Does Their Hemp Come From?
Like many leading, organic hemp companies, Avida sources their hemp from Colorado. Colorado is one of the places where marijuana has been legal for quite a while, and because of this their standards for growing healthy, organic hemp are a bit higher than in other parts of the United States.
Full Spectrum v. Broad Spectrum v. Isolate
Any dedicated CBD company should offer a variety of different ‘spectrums’ of CBD products, and Avida doesn’t skimp in this regard. They offer full spectrum, broad spectrum, and isolate versions of many of their products.
If you’re unsure about what these terms, I’ll explain a little bit about what they mean.
- A full spectrum extract contains all of the cannabinoids, terpenes, and tannins from the hemp plant. This means that it will provide the most holistic form of benefit because you’ll be using the medicine in the way that nature intended you to.Some people are wary of full spectrum extracts, however, because they do contain traces of THC. While the amount is miniscule (less than 0.3%) some are still cautious to avoid full-spectrum extracts for fear of testing positive on a drug test, even though this is highly unlikely.
- Broad spectrum extracts are similar to full spectrum extracts, the main difference being that they don’t contain THC. They do, however, still contain all of the terpenes and other cannabinoids found in the hemp plant.
- Isolate products are isolated versions of certain cannabinoids. In the case of the current legal state of cannabis, the only isolate product that is readily available is CBD isolate.
One of the major drawbacks to Avida is the fact that they only ship to the United States of America. It might be possible to source their products through a third-party market, but there’s no guarantee of this.
Value For Money
Avida is a high-priced company, for sure, but you can rest assured that you’re getting high-quality CBD from a reputable source.
That said, there are certainly other CBD companies that offer products which are a bit cheaper – despite also being full-spectrum, organic, and GMO free.
Third Party Lab Testing
The menu bar on Avida’s website allows you to check out the lab results for their products. This will take you to a neatly organized page which will allow you to view individual test results for each of their products.
These test results show you the total amount of THC, CBD, and other cannabinoids found in the products. They also evaluate the amount of pesticides found in the end product (which, according to the test results I’ve checked out, are nonexistent.)
The tests are done with full spectrum cannabinoid profiling and analysis using High Performance Liquid Chromatography (or HPLC). The products are tested by SClabs.
Avida is a company that’s known for providing transparency, high-quality products, and good service. They offer a wide variety of CBD-based products, and cover pretty much all the bases that a good CBD company should.
That said, there are certain drawbacks to Avida. First off, their products are rather expensive – even more so than one would expect from organic, non-GMO CBD products. Secondly, they only ship across the United States.
If you live in America and are not concerned about your finances, Avida is certainly a great company to provide you with high-quality CBD supplements that you need.
Nigel Ford is a professional writer and cannabis enthusiast who has been covering the legalization of marijuana and CBD for several years.
Nigel Ford battled a life-threatening drug addiction during his younger years, and natural compounds like CBD quite literally helped to steer him on the path to recovery. Nowadays, he is passionately dedicated to spreading the word about natural medicines like marijuana, as well as yoga, meditation, and naturopathy.