Best CBD Softgel Capsules
What are Softgel Capsules?
Softgel capsules are an excellent option for people who are looking to have a basis of CBD in the background all day. This means that they are popular for people who are suffering from pain, anxiety or for people who are looking to give their health a general boost. It is also useful to note that you can also take small amounts of quick acting CBD (such as a vape or CBD oil) on top of the background CBD capsule dose if you are in need of a quick fix!
CBD softgel capsules are a common method of consuming CBD. They will usually consist of a gel-like capsule shell which surrounds a CBD infused oil – often MCT oil, hemp oil or coconut oil, which not only helps to bulk out the contents of the capsule but also helps the CBD to be absorbed into the human body more easily.
When you take a softgel capsule, it passes through your digestive system where it is processed through the gut and the CBD is absorbed into the bloodstream in the same ways as the nutrients from the food that you eat or take as supplements.
Our Favourite Softgel Products
The seas of CBD can be a little difficult to navigate at times. Especially if you’re new to it. With so many products around, which are largely unregulated, it can be difficult sometimes to know what products are best to buy.
So, in our best attempt at helping you to sail the seas of CBD and help you to get the most effective, trustworthy product for you, here are 10 of our favourite softgel capsules:
1. Joy Organics CBD Softgels
Joy Organics have a range of softgels which have been specially designed to give you a particular effect. Softgel capsules can be bought in a bottle of 30 capsules, each giving you either 10mg or 25mg of US grown, batch tested broad spectrum CBD with not THC detected.
The Joy Organics CBD softgels for sleep have melatonin added to the 25mg of CBD per capsule to help you to get a good night’s sleep, and the softgels with curcumin use the health-enhancing aspect of the turmeric plant to help to reduce inflammation and is also added to 25mg of CBD.
The capsules use water-soluble CBD which has been made using cutting edge nanotechnology to improve its absorbency compared to some other CBD products.
- Individually lab tested
- Premium grade hemp
- No THC
- Joy Organics offer a money back guarantee
- Can be stored outside of the fridge
- Free shipping only offered in the USA
- We would like to see more of a range of CBD doses
2. Viridian Peaks Hemp Oil Capsules 5000 MG
Viridian Peaks hemp oil capsules can not only satisfy all of your CBD needs but is also a great source of some of the other factors that you need for a healthy body, including amino acids, omega 3-6-9 fatty acids, vitamins and antioxidants.
They use CO2 extracted, good quality hemp made in Colorado from GMP approved and FDA authorised facilities, with negligible levels of THC and the bottle contains a total of 5000mg of CBD – giving you a rough dosage of just over 40mg of CBD per capsule.
- Capsules contain additional vitamins and minerals
- Uses CO2 extraction and high-quality hemp
- It is completely natural
- Reasonably priced
- Full spectrum CBD oil
- A 40mg dose is quite high
- Not easy to find information out about Viridian Peaks
3. CBD FX 750 MG CBD Oil Capsules
CBDFX’s 750mg CBD oil capsules bottle gives you a full month’s supply (or 30 days’ worth) of organically grown, full spectrum CBD oil. The hemp is grown with love and care in Kentucky by hemp and CBD enthusiasts to ensure that the product is jam-packed with goodness for your body.
The bottle comes with 30 CBD softgel capsules included, providing a potent mix of CBD with MCT oil to get the most absorption as possible. The bottle is childproof, to help to prevent small people with an interest in the sweet-like capsule from trying them.
- Made from ethically sourced hemp
- Independent lab testing results readily available
- Very low levels of THC
- Child-proof bottle
- Full spectrum CBD oil
- Relatively low doses so you might need to take more than one capsule per day (meaning that the bottle will last less than a month.
- With only 30 capsules enclosed, one bottle won’t last very long – especially if you are taking 2 or more capsules per day.
- Need to be refrigerated.
4. Cannawill Hemp Oil Capsules 5000 MG
Cannawill Hemp Oil capsules offer 5000mg of CBD per bottle – with 120 capsules, each capsule will give you just over 40mg of GMO-free and gluten-free CBD, along with its fatty acids, enzymes, amino acids and vitamins.
The vegan capsules are GMP and FDA certified and have been tested by a third party lab to show you exactly what is in them. They are completely natural and perfect for giving you all of the benefit which you would come to expect from a CBD product.
- Completely natural
- Third party tested
- Rich in Omega 3-6-9 and MSM
- 40mg of CBD is quite a high dosage
- Difficult to find third-party lab testing results
5. Hempship Hemp Oil Capsules 1000 MG
The Hempship hemp oil capsules 1000mg offer you a whopping 1000mg of CBD per serving of the vegetarian capsules. The capsules are sugar, gluten and GMO-free and use hemp that has been grown and manufactured under the FDA and GMP guidelines.
1000mg of CBD is a very high dose that the guys at Hempship claim to be good for those who are suffering from pain, stress and insomnia.
- An easy way to get a large dose of CBD in one go
- Also includes essential fats, enzymes, antioxidants, vitamins D & E, GLA, iron, fibre and zinc
- Free from sugar and gluten
- Very high doses so not for everyone
- Difficult to find lab results
6. Mix RX Hemp Oil Capsules 3000 MG
The Mix RX hemp oil capsules give you 3000mg of CBD per bottle – or 120 x 25mg capsules. If you take one capsule per day, this will give you 2 months’ worth of natural, sun-kissed San Diego produced CBD.
The capsules are completely vegan and use enriched hemp extract meaning that you get extra goodness in your capsule. Mix RX offers a lifetime satisfaction guarantee and their capsules are THC free
- Free from THC
- Offer more flexibility of dosage
- Enriched with other natural products to boost good health
- Difficult to find information about Mix RX hemp oil capsules
- Dosing instructions on the packaging is a little confusing
7. R+R Hemp Oil Softgel Capsules 1000 MG
The R+R hemp oil softgel capsules give you 1000mg of hemp extract in the rustic looking pot. Containing 30 capsules at 34mg per capsule, they use MCT coconut oil to help the organically grown hemp extract be effectively absorbed into the body.
The R+R hemp oil is grown in Colorado, is GMP certified, extracted using the preferred carbon dioxide extraction method and each capsule is small enough to take easily.
- Uses carbon dioxide extraction
- R+R offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Every batch is third-party lab tested
- Supports the local Colorado community
- Useful website
- Difficult to find the lab test results online
- Not advised to use before having a test due to traces of some phyto cannabinoids
8. Binweed Hemp Capsules 4000MG
- No THC
- Third party lab tested
- Offers a high dosage per serving
- Full of other vitamins and minerals to keep you healthy
- Might contain traces of soy, dairy and gluten
- Difficult to find lab test results
9. Weider Hemp Oil Extract Softgels
Weider hemp oil extract softgels offer you 750mg of full spectrum hemp extract in 30 softgels, giving you 25mg in each capsule. The hemp is produced from EU hemp, is gluten-free and has all been third-party tested.
The Weider hemp oil extract has been mixed with coconut oil for a natural and more effective dose and is suitable for those who are on ketogenic, gluten-free, palliative or raw diets, allowing a wide range of people to benefit from the goodness of these softgels.
- Suitable for a number of diets
- Relatively small dose, allowing for a little dose experimentation
- Extracted using supercritical carbon dioxide method
- They come individually wrapped in a blister pack making them easy to travel with
- Not vegetarian or vegan
- Details of the lab testing are not readily available
10. HealFord 3000MG Hemp Oil Capsules
HealFord 3000mg hemp oil capsules offer 120 capsules of 25mg of hemp extract, made from GMO-free hemp in an FDA and GMP approved facility. At 25mg per capsule, the dose is low enough to experiment a little with doses.
The HealFord hemp oil is rich in vitamins B and E as well as omega 3, 6 and 9 to give your overall health a real kick. Grown with care under the Colorado sun, these capsules are vegetarian, gluten and toxin free.
- Vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free
- Packed full of extra vitamins and minerals
- Carbon dioxide extraction
- Easy to swallow
- Difficult to find extra information online
- This is HealFord’s only product
Unless you’ve been hiding away for the last few years you will have probably heard of CBD. The compound which is extracted from the cannabis plant has been making headlines in the USA for a couple of years now, and it is fast becoming one of the nation’s favourite natural supplements.
In our humble opinion, one of the best things about CBD is that it is so flexible. The science behind how it works means that it has the potential to help people with a whole host of health problems, but it is also flexible in another way. In the way that it is taken.
Firstly, what is CBD?
CBD is a natural cannabinoid which is found in the cannabis plant. It stands for cannabidiol and won’t make you high if you take it on its own. It is another compound in the plant – THC or tetrahydrocannabinol which can affect your brain to make you feel high.
CBD works in the body by interacting with the human endocannabinoid system – a system which helps to keep the body perfectly balanced and therefore able to operate at tip-top levels – by acting in a similar way to the endocannabinoids which make up a critical part of the system.
Scientists believe that by taking cannabinoids such as CBD (and THC to an extent) we can help to deal with a lot of the health issues which are so prevalent today as well as giving the endocannabinoid system a lift and our general health a boost.
CBD Softgel Capsules
There is no right or wrong way to take CBD, and the delivery method that you decide to use is completely down to you. CBD oil has been a firm favourite amongst CBD users, but we are now seeing a variety of different ways that people are now getting their daily dose, and one of the most popular is through CBD capsules.
There are a number of reasons why many people are turning towards taking their CBD through capsules, including:
- They look and taste just like vitamin supplements, meaning that you can just add them into your vitamin regime each day.
- Compared to other delivery methods they will give you an accurate dose of CBD.
- They take their time to start working (usually within a couple of hours) but will also stay in your bloodstream for about 6 hours.
- They are easy to take.
- You don’t get the unpleasant take of CBD oil.
- It is safer than some other methods such as smoking and vaping.
- They don’t require any ‘additional eating’, extra sugar or salt, unlike CBD edibles.
Choosing the right softgel capsules for you is all about which one you prefer, and which one delivers the right dosage of CBD for you. This is absolutely a personal choice and completely down to personal taste.
It is important to check the lab testing results to ensure that you are getting the best product for you with accurate levels of its ingredients. So, if you are thinking about trying CBD softgel capsules, look no further and give one of these 10 a go!