What Makes CBDistillery Special?
Much like other CBD companies, CBDistillery has a fairly interesting history. Fortunately, this company is founded by people who seem to have a vested interest in ensuring that their customers have reliable access to high-quality CBD.
The company, which was started by a group of people from Colorado headed by Lincoln Sorenson and Andy Papillon, prefer to use all-natural methods of production. They don’t source their hemp from companies that use pesticides or GMO, and they ensure that it’s grown organically and uses actual sunlight.
CBDistillery’s Full-Spectrum Preference
The group was founded by people who are astonished by the potential of CBD for its medicinal uses. This means that they want to provide people with the highest quality of CBD, and to do this they want to provide as many products as possible using full-spectrum extracts.
A full-spectrum extract means that the product contains all of the terpenes, oils, and other cannabinoids (exempting THC) that are found in the hemp plant. Nature knows best (as we should have realized, as a species, by now) and all of these compounds work together to provide the best benefit.
While extracted CBD isolate and distillate are certainly still effective, many people find that they are better able to improve their conditions by using full-spectrum extracts. This isn’t always the case, though, and CBDistillery offers lots of products made with CBD isolate.
CBDistillery Starts from the Ground Up
One of the redeeming factors about CBDistillery is the fact that they truly understand how hemp works. Hemp is a remediating plant – that means that it sucks up toxins from the earth to filter them out so other plants are able to take advantage of healthy soil. Truly taking one for the team!
Knowing this, CBDistillery makes sure that they only choose plants which are grown in facilities that have healthy, clean soil. If there are no toxins to suck up, then the hemp won’t have any toxic material in it.
CBDistillery Extraction Processes
CBD can either be extracted using solvents, or through a process that uses certain temperatures and pressures.
CBDistillery uses organic ethanol to extract their isolates, and they use supercritical CO2 to extract their full-spectrum products. These are among the safest and most reliable extraction methods that ensure that your products won’t have any sketchy industrial byproducts in them.
CBDistillery offers a wide variety of products that can be used in a number of different ways. They appeal to people who prefer each different method of administration:
- Sublingual. This is generally the easiest way to take CBD. It absorbs into the mucus membranes underneath your tongue and is absorbed directly into your bloodstream, providing quick benefit at a minimal loss of CBD.
- Oral. Taking CBD orally is still effective, however a good portion of the stuff is lost to the digestive process before it’s actually absorbed into the bloodstream.
- Topical. Many people prefer to apply CBD topically to ease the pain of their joints or muscles. CBDistillery offers a number of lotions, creams, and salves for this purpose.
- Vaped. Most isolates can be vaped if you follow the proper procedures, and this allows for immediate relief at a significantly lower dosage than you would need otherwise. Vaped CBD tends to last a lot less long than any other method, though.
Now that you know a bit more about CBD, it’s time to take a look at their product lineup.
CBDistillery has a wide variety of tinctures that can be useful for different purposes.
Full Spectrum CBD Oil Tincture
This is one of their most basic products and provides a good dose of CBD that can be absorbed sublingually. People who are new to CBD are often best off trying the stuff for their first time in the form of a tincture.
Tinctures can be easily transported and used without needing to undergo any complicated processes. The CBDistillery tinctures are available in different sizes.
- 5000 mg, in a 30 ml bottle, for $240
- 2500 mg, in a 30 ml bottle, for $130
- 1000 mg, in a 30 ml bottle, for $60
- 500 mg, in a 30 ml bottle, for $35
- 250 mg, in a 30 ml bottle, for $20
All of these products are full-spectrum and provide you with the full range of benefits of the hemp plant.
- Full-spectrum effects can provide additional medicinal benefits
- Easy to use
- Can be easily transported
- Available in high concentrations (5000 mg in 30 ml is quite a bit)
- More expensive than some other forms of CBD
- Cannot be smoked or vaped
THC-Free CBD Oil Tincture
These tinctures do not have the full spectrum of cannabinoids in them. However, they are a bit more affordable and can provide you with similar benefits.
Some full-spectrum CBD tinctures contain trace amounts of THC and can worry people who are sensitive to the compound or who have to pass drug tests. While the amounts of THC are generally so small that they do not pose a risk, this is still something to be aware of.
They are also available in a variety of sizes:
- 5000 mg, in a 30 ml bottle, for $210
- 2500 mg, in a 30 ml bottle, for $120
- 1000 mg, in a 30 ml bottle, for $55
- 500 mg, in a 30 ml bottle, for $32
- 250 mg, in a 30 ml bottle, for $19
- Useful for people who are highly sensitive to THC or who are concerned about the trace amounts causing them to test positive on a drug test
- More affordable than full-spectrum extracts
- Does not provide full-spectrum benefits
CBD Pet Tinctures
CBD has also been proven to be very helpful for managing the issues of various animals. Cats and dogs are just as prone to anxiety, depression, and pain as we are – and CBD can help them.
CBDistillery is well aware of this, and offers a variety of pet tinctures to help you and your pets manage their issues.
- CBD Pet Tincture, 150 mg / 30 ml for $20
- CBD Pet Tincture, 600 mg / 30 ml for $38
- Man’s Best Friend CBD Oil Pack – 1000 mg of tincture in 150 mg for $80
- Great for helping your pets
- Full-spectrum extracts provide maximum benefit
- Not sure what’s different about the CBD used for animals compared to that which is sold for human consumption
CBD isolates are a form of CBD that are pure. They can be made into tinctures, used directly, or used to create other CBD products. CBDistillery makes their isolates from non-GMO hemp and they contain at least 99% pure CBD.
CBD isolate comes in a crystalline powder form and provides the same medicinal benefits as CBD tinctures or capsules that are not full-spectrum. Using CBD isolates is best done sublingually; as with tinctures, consuming it orally will cause a lot to be lost to your digestive system.
99+% Pure CBD Isolate Powder from Hemp
Derived from naturally grown US hemp, this crystalline CBD powder is great to work with. It’s available in a number of sizes.
CBD isolate is generally much more affordable than CBD tinctures, and if you’re not concerned about getting full-spectrum effects then this is a much better deal. 1000 mg of THC-free CBD tincture costs $55, whereas the same amount of isolate costs $30.
- 1/2 a gram costs $15
- 1 gram costs $30
- 3.5 grams costs $105.00 and is still $30/gram
- 7 grams costs $192.50 and equates to $27.50 a gram
- 14 grams costs $378 and comes in at $27/gram
- Easy to use
- Available in a variety of sizes
- Some people have a hard time dosing it sublingually
- No full-spectrum benefits
99%+ Pure CBDelicious Formulation Powder
This product is basically the same as the isolate, however it’s allegedly a bit easier to work with. It’s intended for people who want to use CBD as an ingredient in cooking or making drinks. It is only available in a 1-gram size, which will cost $28.
- Even cheaper than the isolate
- Made to be used as an ingredient
- Easy to use
- Only available in one size
- Unsure as to what makes it cheaper than standard isolate
Capsules are another fantastic way to use CBD, though at a certain point they become redundant because capsules are more effective if you break them apart and take them sublingually. Like any form of CBD, lots is lost when you absorb it through the stomach.
- Full-spectrum CBD softgels, 60 capsules of 30 mg each for $115
- Full-spectrum CBD softgels, 30 capsules of 30 mg each for $60
- THC-free CBD capsules, 30 capsules of 25 mg for $50
- CBD isolate softgels, 60 capsules of 30 mg each for $115
- THC-free CBD isolate infused softgels, 30 capsules of 30 mg each for $60
- Very easy to use and consume
- Available in different sizes of bottles
- Accessible and versatile
- Lots is wasted when you take a capsule orally
- Confusing wording on the product page whereas most products are basically the same
If you aren’t interested in actually ingesting CBD, or if you don’t need to, CBDistillery offers a variety of topical products. These can be rubbed directly into your skin where they can ease muscle and joint pain like a charm.
CBD Topical CBD Salve, 500 mg for $50
This product contains a number of ingredients that work together to improve the health of your skin as well as to ease pain and discomfort. The ingredients are: Hemp Seed Oil, Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Lavender, Peppermint, Wintergreen, Marjoram, Eucalyptus, Arnica, Basil, Camphor, Frankincense, Tea Tree, Green Tea, Lecithin, Cinnamon, Grapefruit Seed, Aloe, USD Kosher Glycerin, Magnesium, CBD, Beeswax.
CBD Lip Balm, 25 mg for $6
This product doesn’t actually contain straight CBD, rather, they use their ‘hemp cannabinoid extract’ to provide the same benefits. Regardless of whether or not there’s CBD in this product, it has a pretty solid list of ingredients for helping to soothe chapped lips: (Castor) Seed Oil, Beeswax, (Carnauba) Wax, (Sweet Almond) Oil, shea butter, cocoa butter, Capric Triglycerides, Lanolin, Tocopherol, Acetate, Hemp Cannabinoid Extract, Natural Vanilla Flavoring.
CBDefine Skin Care Cream, 500 mg for $50
Using a different mix of ingredients to provide similar benefit, CBDefine skin care cream is made with: CBD, Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Hemp Oil, Apricot Oil, Sunflower Oil, Almond Oil, Lavender, Frankincense, Rosemary, Tea Tree, Helichrysum, Aloe, Glycerin, Bee Wax, Grapefruit Seed
CBDistillery is a company that’s dedicated to helping people access high-quality CBD products. Their products are made with naturally grown hemp that’s grown organically and without GMO.
CBDistillery offers a wide range of products for people who are interested in managing their ailments in a number of different ways. They have oils, tinctures, distillates, topicals, and capsules that are available in a variety of different sizes and strengths.
CBDistillery even has a small range of products that can be useful for helping manage mental or physical problems that are affecting your pets.
Thanks to their shining positive reviews, dedication to their customers, and the amount of care that goes into their products, there’s no reason to believe that CBDistillery wouldn’t provide you with high-quality products.
If you are new to the CBD game and are interested in trying the stuff for your first time, CBDistillery is as good of a place to start as any. Good luck, and hopefully this article has provided you with enough information to make the choice that you need.
Karen Asprey is a CBD writer and enthusiast who has made it her one woman mission to break down the taboo of cannabis, and make it more accessible to those who can benefit from it.